Join Our Trust
Discovery Multi-Academy Trust is a MAT comprising of three successful primary academies, based in Plymouth. Our fundamental aim is to ensure that all of our pupils are able to thrive through quality learning experiences, ensuring their readiness for the next stage in their learning.
To achieve our vision, we encourage all of our children and staff to excel and collaborate with one another, to ensure the best outcomes and progress for all. We also strive to develop learning communities that work together to improve standards and outcomes for our children, as part of a wider community. As a Trust we remain committed to the following values that underpin the way we work: DEMOCRATIC, INCLUSIVE, EXCELLING, COLLABORATIVE.
The Trust is also committed to specialising in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) education, as part of our vision to be one of the South West’s most vibrant collaborative educational establishments. We want to enable every child to learn in a rich, challenging, imaginative and inclusive environment, and STEM helps to make this a reality.
Discovery Multi-Academy Trust welcomes enquiries from schools that share our vision and values, who may wish to join our multi-academy trust. We can strengthen your school community in a number of different ways:
- Strong collaboration, with shared accountability, which can lead to better progress and attainment for pupils.
- Access to an accredited pastoral provision.
- School leaders and teachers sharing research, thinking and planning, to spread expertise and and provide support.
- Strong focus on CPD at all levels, with career pathways, training and mapped opportunities that can see staff truly develop their career across the Trust.
- A highly strategic governance structure, ensuring that the business functions of school life are supported by skilled professionals and community minded boards who are able to come together to share strategic thinking, to combine skills and to support each other.
- Shared central services and expertise – with school leaders, financial and business staff and specialist experts being shared across more than one school.
The government’s vision is for every school to be part of a family of schools in a strong multi-academy-trust.